With the continuous technological innovation and development, packaging industries are seeking great and efficient solutions to cater to the demands of the rising businesses and institutions. Aside from expanding the workforce and planning effective marketing strategies, it is also essential to find the latest technology that can help generate great deals for the food industry. For instance, the food packaging industry is now investing in cold and hot fill plastic bottles.
Understanding the Process
One of the most important factors that maintain the stability of food businesses is the superb production of food packaging companies. In order for a food packaging company to produce quality services, it needs to invest in certain equipment like the liquid filling system which is responsible for filling plastic bottles (cold and hot).
The liquid filling system has two processes: hot filling process and cold filling process. Hot filling process depends on high temperatures. It involves sterilizing plastic bottles to main and preserve the composition of the products. On the other hand, cold filling process relies on low temperatures. This process requires dry or wet sterilization. The sterilization approach depends on the product and container. Once the sterilization stage for both hot and cold filling process are finished and approved, then col and hot filled plastic bottles are produced.
Determining the Impact on the Food Packaging Industry
Hot and cold filling plastic bottles play a critical role on the food packaging industry. These types of plastic bottles provide the following benefits for food packaging:
- Hot fill plastic bottle is ideal for liquid foods and even non-carbonated drinks. Some of the most common products that are bottled using this packaging method are fruit and vegetable juices, flavored waters, isotonic beverages, honey and nectars, ready-to-drink teas, and marinades.
- Many beverage and
- rely on this packaging method because of the following advantages:
- It is an eco-friendly and affordable packaging option.
- It can lower freight shipping expenses.
- It can preserve and protect the product for some time.
- It is applicable to all sorts of containers.
- It protects and secures the product from any harmful bacteria.
- Cold fill plastic bottle is suitable for various foods, beverages, and even pharmaceutical products. Some of the most common product that use this packaging technique are tea, coffee, UHT milk, milk-based beverages, water-mixed beverages, flavored water beverages, fruit and vegetable juices, as well as sports and energy drinks.
Without a doubt, cold filled plastic bottles have an impact in the food and beverage packaging companies. Here’s why:
- It can maintain the food or beverage’ tastes and fragrance.
- It preserves the product’s composition, nutritional values, and quality.
- It lessens or inhibits the need for additives and preservatives.
- It can be applied to many types of plastic bottles.
- It also secures and protects the product from any bacterial contamination.
Furthermore, cold and hot plastic bottles enable food, beverage, and even pharmaceutical companies to promote a safer way for the consumers to use and enjoy eating, drinking, and consuming their products.