Getting an artificial turf installation in Denver, CO is a strategic investment. Its long-term benefits are more than enough to compensate for its relatively significant upfront cost.
Synthetic grass is durable and cost-efficient. It looks and feels like the real thing, stays lush no matter the season, and comes with an efficient drainage system. Like any investment, however, artificial turf requires care and attention to remain advantageous for years.
Taking Care of Synthetic Grass
Just because it’s synthetic, doesn’t mean that you can forget about your artificial turf after its installation. Follow these upkeep tips to keep your synthetic greens in top condition.
- Clean up spills immediately. Be prompt. Keep rags, paper towels, and other cleanup materials near your synthetic turf area. That way, you can get rid up spills quickly whenever necessary. Add a spray bottle of water and mild detergent solution to your grass upkeep kit for small, smelly spills.
- Deal with muck and stains accordingly. Even best-in-class synthetic turf in Denver is not immune to sticky muck and stubborn stains. Don’t give them a chance to soak your artificial grass. While the turf’s drainage system will take care of their moisture, their traces are often difficult to remove once they’ve taken to the surface.
- Use water with a 3% solution of ammonia for alcohol, soft drinks, coffee, urine, and other mild stains. Let the solution soak for a few minutes, then rinse the area with water.
- Apply mineral spirits or paint thinner to grease, oils, ink, and other persistent stains. Try it on a small portion of the turf first to ensure it won’t discolor or damage the surface. If it’s effective, let it soak the affected area for a few minutes, then gently wash it off with cool water.
- Let pet waste dry before removing it. Pick it up, discard it, then rinse the affected area with water. Use a soap and water solution to get rid of unpleasant smells. Invest in artificial grass for dogs in Denver for turf that’s specifically designed for pet use.
- Keep grass blades pristine with regular brushing. Even the toughest artificial grass will bend over from high foot traffic. Keep yours upright and looking fresh with frequent grooming. Use a stiff brush to push up grass blades. Brush against the grain for the best results.
- Don’t let debris accumulate on the artificial turf. If your artificial turf installation in Denver, CO is located outdoors, make a habit of clearing off leaves, twigs, and other debris from its surface every day. Be gentle but thorough. Use a leaf blower, garden vacuum, or soft-bristled broom to avoid damaging the turf. If your installation is located indoors, use a vacuum cleaner or a broom to keep it free of dust and small debris.
Keep Your Synthetic Grass in Top Condition
Consider these tips when you develop your upkeep routine. For maintenance that’s specific to your particular turf type, plan your upkeep strategy with your synthetic grass installer. Establish essential tasks and determine how often you need to do them. Enjoy vibrant green grounds for years with on-point turf care.