Do you want to give your bathroom an aesthetic update and a function upgrade despite being on a tight budget? This article is for you! Here are seven affordable ideas recommended by a top bathroom remodeling contractor in Los Angeles.
Paint your walls.
- This is the cheapest way to give your bathroom a makeover. It’s why most contractors of bathroom
- recommend it. However, it’s certainly not the fastest. It’ll take time to paint around the various fixtures and surfaces in the room. The inherent moisture of the bath can also make the job more challenging. So, be patient.
- Make your bath fixtures shine.
- If there’s nothing wrong with your faucets, toilet, shower, and bathtub, don’t replace them. It’ll only (unnecessarily) set your remodeling budget back a significant sum. Make your fixtures look like they’re new instead.
- Scrub your faucets and showerhead clean with dish soap and water. Then, wrap them up in vinegar-soaked paper towels. Wipe and rinse them after ten minutes. Use a vinegar solution to clean your toilet and bathtub as well. It may make for a smelly cleaning experience, but the results are definitely worth it.
Finish your look with a rug.
- Find one that either blends in well with your color scheme or adds a much-needed pop of color to the scene. Make sure it complements your aesthetic.
Decorate with mirrors.
- When integrated well, mirrors can add a sophisticated flair to any space. Their reflective surfaces can also make it seem like a room is more spacious than it actually is. So, consider using mirrors for décor. You can get ones that have (or don’t have) frames.
Limit your tile work.
- Tiles are not cheap, especially if you hire a contractor to install them. Save money by limiting your usage of them. Place them only on high-impact areas like the floor, the immediate areas around your bathtub, and the inside of your shower stall walls.
Get creative with your countertops.
- Stylish dresser-styled sinks are quite expensive in retail stores. If you have an old dresser lying around, however, you can get one for cheap with the right tools and some patience. It’s easy. Find a sink insert that’ll fit in nicely to your bureau. Then, cut out the top surface of the dresser and mount the sink insert. Remove the drawers that’ll get in the way of the plumbing.
Think green when you upgrade.
- Making your bath eco-friendly has a lot of long-term advantages. Using low-flow sinks, toilets, and shower heads, for instance, will help you diminish your water consumption. The same goes for utilizing water-saving faucets and shower heads. Consider these when you search for
- Want to give your bath essentials a facelift by revamping their containers? Take the green approach and recycle materials. Establish what you have to spare and figure out how to repurpose them. Go online and search up do-it-yourself bath container projects to get ideas.
Don’t let your budget hold you back from giving your bathroom a well-deserved makeover. Use these tips!